• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay's and woes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Well start off with the good news.. after finding out my bois was crap, went back to an old version, reaseated waterblock, and played with a few things i was able to take my OC further with 1900.75Mhz @ 1.86 10.5x181 running no higher than 40C full prime load and 35C idle. :D :D :D, now i know some of you are saying.. whopty. :rolleyes: but this is with a TBred-A 1800 DL3TC and a KT-400 Mobo.. not to shabby i say ;)

anywho. on to the reason i posted here.. i've lost some performance from my memory... i've read about timings and all that and can follow a LITTLE.. of it but not real sure about a lot and dont want to corrupt my HD files and have to reformat by playing with them... from what i can tell in sandra it displayes my current timings at..

2.5-3-3-7CL 2CMD

I have samsung 2700 running at 2.8V

I'm not sure what all to change or which way to go if i do, in bios i know there are some settings for those i can change.. darn.. I'll reboot and get the options i have so i can post here and maybey someone could help.

edit oaky here are the titles and options of what i can change in bios.

title------------------------------options
Fast Command ---------------Normal,Fast,Ultra
CAS-----------------------------1.5,2,2.5,3
Bank Interleave---------------Disabled,2,4
Precharge to Active-----------2T,3T
Tras Non-DDr400/DDR400--6T/8T or 7T/10T
Active to CMD-----------------2T,3T
Dram Burst Length------------4,8
Dram Queue Depth------------2,4,3
Command Rate-----------------2T,3T
Write Recovery-----------------2T,3T
Dram tWTR----------------------3T,1T

someone help :eek:

Last edited:
repilce said:

2.5-3-3-7CL 2CMD

title------------------------------options
Fast Command ---------------Normal,Fast,Ultra
CAS-----------------------------1.5,2,2.5,3
Bank Interleave---------------Disabled,2,4
Precharge to Active-----------2T,3T
Tras Non-DDr400/DDR400--6T/8T or 7T/10T
Active to CMD-----------------2T,3T
Dram Burst Length------------4,8
Dram Queue Depth------------2,4,3
Command Rate-----------------2T,3T
Write Recovery-----------------2T,3T
Dram tWTR----------------------3T,1T

someone help :eek:

How is CAS1.5 possible? I know that because DDR transmits data on the rising and falling voltage that it transmits double the data rate that SD can plus can have a CAS Latency of 2.5 whereas SD can only do 2.0 or 3.0 but i didnt think it could go below 2, wierd.

Ideally, you want your RAM timing st 2-2-2-5. However getting that could be problematic. You should start by trying the CAS Latency at 2, and checking for stability (running 3dmark for a while of SiSoft Sandra burn in set to test memory) before you lower the other timings. The CAS Latency is the most important for AMD.

Craig

okay , well i know what to set to get the first2 of that 2-2-2-5 bit what in my options are the fields for the other 3? which ones do i change??

Back