• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yea you can't touch this - internal UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

Kind of a cool idea, but you should have taken more time on fit and finish. Like the outlets in the front are good idea, but why not wire a regular house outlet in there and put the cover plate on to make it finished?

tom10167

hahaha

I don't mean to laugh in a bad way, it's just pretty funny. You said you put a UPS in your computer, and then I see the cables coming out of the FRONT of the machine. Ah well, it works, and you said you needed the space, so it all works out in the end, it's just a funny picture.

azu

rofl ghettoness. i agree its pretty creative and you gotta have a helluva room in your pc. sadly, the rest of us dont loll.. howd you fit that huge ups in anyhow?

Alchemy1

It's not ghetto...just resourceful. Or at least that is how I like to think of it...lol

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
theELVISCERATOR said:
Too bad your first post is getting you flamed!
If he was getting flamed it would have been quickly and concisely delt with. Most commonly with a post edit and a temp ban.

Besides, GHETTO != bad. One of these days I will convert a UPS into internal. The majority of the space inside a UPS is airspace for cooling and safety requirements. The majority of the weight are the batteres. Spend some time trying to figure out what the highest density batterys are and use them. I would absolutly love to design a custom UPS for computers but I simply don't have the resources aviable to me.

Last edited:

-maddog-

A internal surge is a good idea especially if you have multiple psu's or other parts that plug into a land line inside.