• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YEAH BABY, my highest overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frodo Baggins

Check my sig for my system details

I was feeling bored today, and decided to try a different setting then my old 9.5x and 120 fsb for my 950 Duron. MY COMP BOOTED UP! I'm using a 10.5 fsb and 115 fsb, which my comp never responded to before.

oh man, I'm excited I finally broke that 1.2 gig barrier

it's stable so far, been folding for a bit, let's hop eit stays that way forever...

duron_1207.jpg

JDXNC

Looks good! My 1 gig Duron would not even post on 133 X 10 with SDRAM but with Samsung PC2700 it posts but freezes loading XP. If only the K7S5A had voltage selection, I bet it would be stable. So I think if you can get some DDR in the future you may be able to get a little higher... good luck!

OP
F

Frodo Baggins

Guess what? I think I can get some more juice outta this Duron. Right now I'm running at 11.5/107 It's alot lower FSB, but Sandra was giving me a decent gain. Since I fold, it'll help even more since folding is more proc dependant....

I'm foldin right now, let's hope it stays stable. So far not even a hitch :D

duron_1230.jpg

Tipycol

malon said:

unlockable nop but it does run on DDR :beer:

Yea I kno they made ddr and even rdram boards for the p3, but the chip was never designed to actually utizlize them like the Durons and XP's do.

And I have another "If only" to add to that p3 list:
If only they could be priced like durons :(

OP
F

Frodo Baggins

lol, nope, sorry to excite you, but after about 20 minutes of folding, it crashes. Ah well, a bit of power isn't worth instability. 1207 is worth it for me.

I prolly could get higher with DDR, and with a better mobo :(

Tipycol

Frodo Baggins said:
lol, nope, sorry to excite you, but after about 20 minutes of folding, it crashes. Ah well, a bit of power isn't worth instability. 1207 is worth it for me.

I prolly could get higher with DDR, and with a better mobo :(

Oh, sorry to hear about that :(
Maybe you should get a nForce 2 and run dual ddr, then I'm sure you'd be fine with the locked buses and the fast memory ;)