• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yeah team!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I see that we are back to having the top 20 earning 1 million + ppd. WOOT!

Also, deeppow has earned 800 million. Well on your way to your first billion buddy.

Keep up the work fellas. We are less than 50 stron but still #10 in the world. We need more bodies to fold. (No not that! Keep your mind out of the gutter. Geez oh pete. Don't make me tell your mom.)

Yeah, we used to be a pretty active team. Back in the day, the Wedo 1-click v5 client. It literally took about a minute to get a client running on a machine. Put in a usb drive and click an executable and you were done. People were borging anything they could get their hands on.

We used to run some team vs. team competitions. I used to run some inner team competitions where we gave away new components (CPU, GPU, etc) that were donated by a team member.

I think the medium of a vBulletin forum has just gone out of style. It's just not as pervasive as other means of communication these days. And as much coming to this forum evokes many fond memories for me, perhaps we should create a less asynchronous medium for our communication as Team 32. I'm not suggesting we abandon this forum, just create another means of communication.

OIP.jpg Anyone ???

Thrashing Max PC was definitely one of the highlights of the old days..the banter got so bad every year someone would inevitably be threatened with a ban...The legendary monkee trophy...:cool:
For me tho I am too old for new stuff...No twitter, FB, instagram, etc.

Slack is a good tool and has a great mobile app as well. I mean, don't you want me pinging you on your phone during the day? :D

Having used slack for work in the past, and now on teams for that purpose, I can't say I'm super enthused about reinstalling it; I'm quite alright with ye old vBulletin.

I'm in no way looking to move into other areas. That said, if there is someone who wants to branch out, go for it. I mean, no one appointed me as a leader. I saw something that I thought would be nice to do and did it. The weekly newsletters morphed over the years and will hopefully morph yet again but I'm comfortable right where I am. I'm just saying that if we are going to branch out, I'm not your guy. I am willing to do things but I am at an age where I check my ego and stop promising to do things that I'm not going to do. A touch of humulity perhaps. One of the 13 traits of military leadership. The only one I have. :)

I understand Don. But I think you'll like Slack if you give it a try. :) I'm in a Slack workspace with HayesK and most of the FAH beta folks and client/core developers, scientists. It's great!

And I just have to say, you ARE a LEADER! Every time I've stopped by for a minute over the last who knows how many years, you're here bringing the team up. Kudos my friend! :beer:

I'm just looking for another medium to communicate with teammates and Slack is just a wonderful tool for that purpose. So, without further adieu... I have created a Slack workspace for us at https://overclockerscomteam32.slack.com.

Here's an OPEN invite link that's valid for 7 days. Don't want bots crawling all over this, so we'll see how posting an open link goes here. If I have to kick random strays too much I'll deactivate it and we'll go with a direct invite via email.

Join our Slack https://join.slack.com/t/overclockerscomteam32/shared_invite/zt-wz0wwmd0-18mjn2Gb3QFP3lkaW60nBg

Slack would hurt my goal of being a leader "like" the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (DPRK). I just want to talk AT my loyal subjects not with them. jk. No really, jk.

I may join in. Thank you very much for the info and the clarification that I clearly needed.

I am Googling Slack to find out what it is...:eek::eek:

I don't think it is geared to me...If I am not on the Golf course, I am wishing I was. I'll have to pass. Maybe if I was younger and more social.:)

I thought we had an overclockers slack for staff. If you want we can add a room for F@H there?

Back