• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes I am nice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cullam3n

Ok so I was bored, and I went downstairs to the old sony case where my old system used to be (the one with the duron 800 and the pci mx200 32mb). So I went to the power supply and opened it up and took out the fan. Guess what I found!

Delta ASB0912M 92x92x25mm,2450rpm,43.70CFM, 30 dBA

OMG! My 60mm delta puts out that much CFM at twice the dBA! Now if only I could find a 92-60mm for my SLK-600... Or I could just make one. =)

Oh ya I tried my luck with an AT power supply but the fan was soldered on... =(

-PC

OP
cullam3n

cullam3n

Ok I just my luck went out. I hooked this in to my comp (it's a short 3 pin cable :( ) and the only close 3-pin connector was the chipset fan. So I put it an old 40mm cpu fan that runs off the PSU on the chipset and plugged the delta into the chipset 3-pin header. The Delta was resting on top of the PSU held down by the motherboard cables from the PSU (Cheap I know, but that it was only temporary). So I plugged the PSU back in, and turned the computer on.

Next thing I know, there is a bright yellow glow inside the fan and that weird smell like you burnt out the PSU (you know the smell). BAM! I shut the conmputer off before I knew I did it. No way in hell I'm frying my Ti4200! Now I'm afraid to plug in that fan again...

-PC

gingo

I have an old AT PSU, hopefully there will be a usable fan in that.