• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes! :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
HAHA i finally got my LAN setup up prefectly :) i've got internet on both of em and I can access files on both computers... i know it sounds like an easy task its just that it wasnt giving one computer the right IP "192.168.0.2" it was giveing it some other one :p but i figured it out and im not gonna play with these settings agian.. its just to much of a head ache :p lol

himura-dono

Xtreme refugee
didn't you essentially just say, "hack me, hack me up the butt, PLEASE?"

i'm not a ntworking savvy person, but....

OP
DDR-PIII

DDR-PIII

Disabled
himura-dono said:
didn't you essentially just say, "hack me, hack me up the butt, PLEASE?"

I highly doubt that can be done :rolleyes:

OP
DDR-PIII

DDR-PIII

Disabled
himura-dono said:

i can tell...because you thinm me gicing that IP ppl can hack haha ;) theres a good one... me and how many other ppl have that for our LAN's :p its not like its modems IP :p

RagingGecko

Registered
Actually no he didn't. That's an internal IP, in other words the only thing that would actually refer to that computer with that IP is his router/hub/switch/whatever. In other words, there are probably thousands of computers with that IP, mine included. Its just so the router can distinguish between more than one computer, nobody else can use that IP because its not visible to the web.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
RagingGecko said:
Actually no he didn't. That's an internal IP, in other words the only thing that would actually refer to that computer with that IP is his router/hub/switch/whatever. In other words, there are probably thousands of computers with that IP, mine included. Its just so the router can distinguish between more than one computer, nobody else can use that IP because its not visible to the web.

Yep. I've got rigs here with similar #'s. (4 rigs networked and Folding). I agree, also...setting some of it up was a PITA....LOL.

Cheers! :beer:

B.

RagingGecko

Registered
Lol, I just noticed that I said "in other words" in 2 consecutive sentences. Darn my bad grammer :p