• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another Voodoo 5500 Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfodda

I have the Voodoo 5500 and I want to boost it a bit. Used the reg add-on at HardOCP but the damned tab doesn't show up for me. I already know I'm an idiot, so please don't tell me that :) , but why won't it pop up for me?

And to Shadow: I noticed in a previous post you said that this card was only 2x. I was under the impression that it operated at 4x. Am I an idiot regarding this too? :)

Screw the Tab thing, just download PowerStrip and use that to overclock it.

Now the 4x thing, since the Voodoo5 doesnt actually take a dvantage of AGP, so what I tell people when explaining this, is Its bassicly a PCI card in an AGP slot, therefore the max. this card can go to is 2x. But you would barely notice a difference in speend from 2x and 4x anyways

*eDiT* P.S. (Keep the Voodoo5, nice choice :) )

jeff_harrison_344 (Jul 30, 2001 08:48 p.m.):
Screw the Tab thing, just download PowerStrip and use that to overclock it.

Now the 4x thing, since the Voodoo5 doesnt actually take a dvantage of AGP, so what I tell people when explaining this, is Its bassicly a PCI card in an AGP slot, therefore the max. this card can go to is 2x. But you would barely notice a difference in speend from 2x and 4x anyways

*eDiT* P.S. (Keep the Voodoo5, nice choice :) )

Thanks for the info. And I do plan on keeping the card a while. :) I went from an onboard 8M shared to this. Frickin' amazing. Don't know why so many people bash it. Try running anything with my old setup and you'd be more than happy to have this bad boy. :)

When I traded off my 5500 for my current G2 GTS, I was not happy. Voodoo had a much better picture but lower frames. The G2 was smokin fast, a bit sharper in colors, but just not as smooth.

The upgrade worth it? Depends on which day you ask me. UT is my drug of choice and the 5500 was MUCH better than the G2 as far as vid cards go, but sooner or later UT2 is comming out and I'm sure the G2 will be the better choice by then. For the most part, the 5500 did everything I wanted it to with a quality I was happy with. Had the deal for upgrading not been so good, I definitely would not have traded as I was able to test the G2 before handing over the 5500.

Thanks for splaining that jeff_harrison_344.............perfect! =)

Back