• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You are going to have a good laugh at me for this one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi Thideras, I have tried just plugging the new one in and then pressing the keys for a while as I thought it might be a filter keys option issue. No luck there.

Hi Dlaw, no you aren't lecturing at all. Thanks for the advice and I do have all the important stuff on separate drives as my OS is on the SSD which has no data as such - just the actual programs like GPUZ, Office etc.

Also I have just discovered that my newly bought (6m ago) DVDROM isn't working. Just the front light is flashing without the door opening though I can open it manually using a paper clip. Anyway to do something without the DVDROM?

One thing I was waiting for was the win 10 upgrade that I am in line for. That could solve the issues.

It's not likely that upgrading will fix anything, in fact, it's more likely that it will break more.

If your important data is on a separate drive, you won't lose anything with a reformat/install. Just unplug the storage drives when you start the process (may be best to do a secure erase on the SSD before reinstalling).

Hi All,

As an update - I finally managed to get Win reinstalled via the Microsoft website (so didnt need USB or DVDs). That resolved the problem.

Thank you for all the suggestions and the fast replies.

Back