• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You Have Now Entered The Twilight Zone P4pe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

o.k., after 48 hours of working on this motherboard , I finaly reformatted the drive, got the thing to boot up, and loaded the os. I got it online, then played until about 2:00a.m. on a game. shut it off, thinking, o.k., it has a bad memory slot, I am going to be calling them this morning for an RMA for sure anyhow, but check this out, this is where it gets wierd. I go to boot it up this morning, and it was dead, just like the other day, would not boot, it would not turn on, all's I had was the green light on the board, and the fans would start this time, ( not before) So I tap the proscessor, like a whack on the side of the ole t.v...............and YES< it booted.............not only that , the time is now , 7:07a.m., and the time clock for the system says it is 9.32p.m., January 1, 2002......go figure eh? Well, yes, I will be on the phone to the rma dept this morning and that makes 3 ASUS boards in a row, that have gone back to them .....P4S8X (version 1.02) P4S533-E , would not boot, now this one, no boot, and a dead memory slot and this story. :eek: We now return control of your television set to you, until next week, when the new board gets here!

cursor

Weird. Are you getting brand new boards? Either you have really bad luck, a lot of static, or a bad component (power supply?).

That said, motherboards are easily the most complicated and delicate components in a computer. Sounds like this board got flexed or something?

Are you buying these from a reputable vendor? You might be getting crap stock (it's quicker & easier to pass it off to you and let YOU deal with Asus).

Good luck!

OP
leathersmt

leathersmt

NEW STOCK. I Beleive. I got real upset and drove to Fremont from Sacramento after 40 hours of working on this thing, and three bad boards in a row...... they gave me another, and now I did extra non conductive washers, and only two of the memorys work, the third slot doesnt work, the power is fluctuating, and the temp is up to 44-47......is that bad?
I have the fan 7+ volcano on high, and it isnt dropping, but not getting hotter.
can anyone think of why the third stick on both machines doesnt work, bty, I had them tested at Fry's, they are good sticks.

ChadP

Registered
What kind of power supply and memory are you using with it? If you have a lame PSU nothing is going to be reliable.

OP
leathersmt

leathersmt

SOrry to bother the forum , if I would have read the papers, this board only works with two sticks, not the three slots it has....of ddr. thanks for the help.

OP
leathersmt

leathersmt

no, that it has two, and I was used to three.... 512's but I am now using two each 512. in the two slots.