• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Experiences with ATI RMA services.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoPaN

I had to return my 9800pro last week to ATI as discussed here previously:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=310637

Just want to hear from anyone who has had to return a card to ATI, how quick they were, did they inform you once they checked the card etc. Did they repair or replace it, also do they still replace 9800 pros?

thanks

JCLW

RMAed a 8500LE a few years ago. Took two weeks, didn't hear from them at all, don't know if I got the same card back or not, but if it was a different card it was identical to the orignal.

BTW: Returned from Toronto so shipping time wasn't a factor.

Bon3thugz43v3r

Ive returned a 9700Pro twice to ATi. I shipped to them overnight and about 2 weeks later I got a repaired 9700Pro. They gave me no indication of what they did but I always mark the stuff I RMA with a sharpie somewhere so I know if its repaired or new. Second time I RMA'd my 9700Pro I got a 9800Pro back :attn: .

Sniper_83

Hmmmm, I shoulda RMAed my 9700pro. In stead I took it back to where I bought it and they replaced it with a 9800xt. I had to pay them a little though, think it was like 100-150 I had to spend.

Dragonprince

I returned a bad 9500 Pro 3 times. Then they sent me a 9700 Pro to replace the 9500 Pro but the 9700 only lasted about 2 weeks before it died also....I like ATi cards, but God help you if it breaks and you try sending to ATi for a fix. I finally gave up and just threw the 9700 Pro out, wasnt worth it to spend any more on shipping.