• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your socket 939 experiences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Section8

So anyone here played with these new boards yet? Is there still just the Asus and the Abit or have more companies started to release 939 boards yet? If you do have the Asus are you able to lock the AGP/PCI bus yet? I am itching to buy a FX-53 and a yet to be determined socket 939 MOBO. I just don't want to buy a board I can't overclock due to a faulty AGP/PCI lock....

Quattro

I wish I was in a position to be looking forward to buying a FX-53 I'm dreading the next months when I've got to shell out for new 64bit system.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Gigabyte has an nF3 250-based Socket 939 board. It seems to be just as solid as their 754 boards, is fully locked, and has a very easy vdimm mod.

OP
Section8

Section8

Thanks...I am going to see if I can find some reviews on it then I am off to either buy the Asus or the Gigabyte...

OP
Section8

Section8

Maybe I will wait until the MSI board hits the market. Not hearing a lot of good things on the Gigabyte board now. For one it costs like $255 and they used the Nforce3 250 chip instead of using the better Nforce3 250 GB. Why the hell did they do that??? Grrrrrr..... I was really hoping to get away from MSI products....Oh well whatever performs the best I will buy. I think I will wait to see some reviews on the MSI board then make up my mind. Who knows maybe Asus will come up with a fix for there AGP/PCI bus lock problem by then and make my decision easier?

PCGUY112887

Humm... think of bending one of the pins ont eh 939... OUCH! be a little pain to bend it back, there are just sooo many!