• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

your thoughts on nvidia pascal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

I am a proud ex titan x owner. as impressive as it was it wasn't quite enough to push 144 fps to match my 144 hz monitor. especially if you turn all the filters on on most aaa titles. what do you think gtx 1080 will bring in raw gaming performance over the titan x.

Not much considering its supposed to be a high/midrange offering.

I'm now hearing low end models will have regular ddr5 while the 1070/1080 may have gddr5x. HBM2 I am guessing, will be 1080ti/new titan equivilant.

Nobody knows, and only time will tell!

Not much considering its supposed to be a high/midrange offering.

I'm now hearing low end models will have regular ddr5 while the 1070/1080 may have gddr5x. HBM2 I am guessing, will be 1080ti/new titan equivilant.

Nobody knows, and only time will tell!

I don't see myself waiting for q1 2017 for a 1080ti . looks like 1080 sli confirmed

My thought is that they're not even out yet, and you're already to replace a killer single card with 2 new cards that may or may not be a whole lot better than their Maxwell counterpart / replacements?

Have patience.....

My thought is that they're not even out yet, and you're already to replace a killer single card with 2 new cards that may or may not be a whole lot better than their Maxwell counterpart / replacements?

Have patience.....

I sold it because I had some payments to make not for replacement

Why do you have a titan x and want 2 1080s?

simple. try playing battlefield 4 on res scale maxed out on a single titan x. enjoy the slideshow . ac syndicate struggles at mediocre 20-40 fps maxed out . Far fry 4 is practically unplayable when using something other than fxaa or no aa . Witcher 3 with hair works maxed out sits at the 30 fps range

I play bf4 just fine with resscale at 130%, MS AA 2x (1440p). Any adjust of res scale is OVER ultra quality.

FC4 does fine for me as well.. a 980 hit 60 fps at 2560x1600...

You are dropping a lot of coin for very little improvements....

You can buy the EVGA card from any place, all you have to do is register the card, then if you want to step up any time in 90 days you can.

You can buy the EVGA card from any place, all you have to do is register the card, then if you want to step up any time in 90 days you can.

hmm . I need to read more on this maybe it would make sense since I upgrade my gpu everytime a new x80 model nvidia releases .. graphics junkey i am

The latest rumor says Polaris 10 with 980ti performance for 299USD.
Which of course is not true, AMD and or Nivida never reveals their pricing to AIB partners with so much time in advance. They do one or 2 wks maximum. (believe me, I know).
Besides it would reveal their pricing to nvidia, who would want that?

It's true that AMD is more focused on value, perf. per w, so I don't expect hiper performance from their Polaris but I do expect good pricing, but not as low.

Now back to pascal, I think Nvidia is not holding back their guns and they will kick *** with performance, which ultimately is what it matters in the end of the day.

The latest rumor says Polaris 10 with 980ti performance for 299USD.
Which of course is not true, AMD and or Nivida never reveals their pricing to AIB partners with so much time in advance. They do one or 2 wks maximum. (believe me, I know).
Besides it would reveal their pricing to nvidia, who would want that?

It's true that AMD is more focused on value, perf. per w, so I don't expect hiper performance from their Polaris but I do expect good pricing, but not as low.

Now back to pascal, I think Nvidia is not holding back their guns and they will kick *** with performance, which ultimately is what it matters in the end of the day.

I've heard the same rumor. I take it with the smallest grain of salt, as it would kill the market on every card above that price point (including the Nano/Fury/FuryX line).

Back