• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yummy video card and dual monitored goodness!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast Of Blight

Disabled
Dual Monitors.jpg

I got my Jaton GeForce4 MX440 from FedEx today, A day early I might add [ Gotta love FedEx! ], This particular version came with dual VGA outputs.

Thusly, I am enjoying my very first exposure to dual monitors as well as 3d gaming! 1280x1024 on the main 17inch monitor, 1024x786 on the secondary 15inch monitor

I've been running dual monitors recently too. Takes a bit to get used to, but otherwise I love it. Whenever a friend of mine asks for a suggestion on a video card, but has a low 50$ budget, I always recommend a 128MB dual monitor MX. Good card for the price.

Also, if you care at all, you should get rid of all that stuff on the taskbar. That REALLY eats up RAM like nothing else. Same with the startup stuff. To do this go to Start>Run>MSCONFIG. You could also save a little RAM by turning off all the XP eye candy. To do this simply go to (Right Click) My Computer>Properties>Advanced>(Performance Frame)Settings>Adjust For Best Performance. Also on the other hand you could not do this, just a matter of personal preference I guess.

steve75382 said:
I've been running dual monitors recently too. Takes a bit to get used to, but otherwise I love it. Whenever a friend of mine asks for a suggestion on a video card, but has a low 50$ budget, I always recommend a 128MB dual monitor MX. Good card for the price.

Also, if you care at all, you should get rid of all that stuff on the taskbar. That REALLY eats up RAM like nothing else. Same with the startup stuff. To do this go to Start>Run>MSCONFIG. You could also save a little RAM by turning off all the XP eye candy. To do this simply go to (Right Click) My Computer>Properties>Advanced>(Performance Frame)Settings>Adjust For Best Performance. Also on the other hand you could not do this, just a matter of personal preference I guess.

Thats the quicklaunch bar, not the startup bar. Those programs arn't loaded into memory, or preloaded at all. Their simply a desktop icon, basicly.. o_O;;

and I have a gig of ram anyways.. Sooo...

thumb.jpg

Back