• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z87x-ud3h cant run 1t with 4 dimms?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

and oldie for sure but putting this full replacement off as long as possible haha. so i have the above mentioned board with a 4670k. i've given up a bit on overclocking it trying to chase down some instability around the gpu and stuff.
when i tried to oc this thing this year it just demanded insane amounts of voltage and despite my full custom watercooling would hit over 70c lol..

so i have two kits of hyper x genesis. both have the same part number but were manufactured at the beginning and the end of the year.

KHX1600C9D3/4GX 47089D38 01/12
vs
LHX1600C9D3/4GX 273B275A 22/12

so they both support the same xmp timings and xmp worked out of the box np. the only visible difference is the colour and shape of the heat spreaders but the art is the same ect.

Maybe im misremembering this era of pcs.. but weren't low latency modules like these capable of 1t? is it just the limitation of having fully populated dimms?

ThatÂ’s for bring this up :) IÂ’m currently in talks to buy a asus m6e (z87) and was wondering if Thaiphoon burner (lets you read the memory ICÂ’s that are under the HS) tells you the same info on ddr3 as ddr4.
I would say your problem stems for running 4 sticks (dual channel IMC) instead of only 2 sticks. You can also try the above software to see if both have the same ICÂ’s/information.
IIRC when OCing both makers CPUÂ’s, keep it to 2 sticks for max OCing. Like going for ddr3-2400 with ddr3-1866 memory or going ddr3-2133 10-11-11 to ddr3-1600 6-7-6. ItÂ’s been some years since I have played with ddr3 but hope to jump back in.

Back