• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZIP 100 drive wont eject disk fully?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I just got a used internal ZIP 100 drive from someone. I tested it in one machine and it ejected the disks. But when I installed it in the machine I needed it for when I eject the disk I hear it click but the disk stays in. So I have to take a flathead screw driver or some other tool to manually "pry" the disk out. Is there a way to fix this?

Huckleberry

I've got a Zip 100 that does the same thing.

On my system, it only does it when it is mounted vertically (the disk opening is vertical). I just gently push it in a little bit (a couple of times) right after pushing the eject button, and that usually allows it to pop out.

When I have it mounted horizontally, it seemed to work fine. Apparently some component likes to work a bit better when in this position.

Mike K

I worked on some computers that had 250MB ZIP drives, and they never fully ejected either. I don't know why they do that, I don't think they were designed like that.