• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zotac GTX 10180 Ti Amp Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAHawk

Registered
Would like some help with cables to connect my GPU to my PSU. This card has 2 8 pin female connections. I am going to connect it to a Corsair AX 1500i Modular PSU. I bought a cable set from Cable Mod. Here is where I am having trouble. The cable I have are 8 male pins on one end and the other end is a 6+2 male pin. On the whole 8 male pin end one of the pins is empty, no metal connector but the pin directly above is has the 2 wire from the 2 of the 6+2. First will this cable work? Second if it will which end of the cable do I plug into GPU. Here are some pictures. IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0284.JPG IMG_0285.JPG

bigtallanddopey

The 8 pin will go into the power supply and the 6+2 is for your gpu. It is split like that because some cards only require a 6 pin power connector.

I cannot remember if the shape of the plastic around the pins is different anyway and you won’t be able to plug it in the other way around.

OP
I

IAHawk

Registered
Ok, but what about the plug with no wire? Is that normal?

Thank you