• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP loose fan and rattling noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hi i havent noticed until now that when my fan ramps above 60 % theres an extremely annoying rattling noise from the right fan . so i took the card out and noticed that the fan is super loose.. i contacted zotac and requested an rma without an answer so far ( last night )
is there a diy solution just to save time and money ,thanks

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I'd just wait for rma. Likely if you did anything that would take it apart would void the warranty.

OP
Mikesamo

Mikesamo

I'd just wait for rma. Likely if you did anything that would take it apart would void the warranty.

probably.. if i could only figure out the fan size i could probably buy a replacement. the fan is tied to a plastic piece that screws onto the shroud

OP
Mikesamo

Mikesamo

Okay guys I decided instead of RMA to contact the seller . he chose to ignore me . so i reported him to paypal and won the case .. I have to ship the item back to him tomorrow for a 467 dollar papyal refund .. I am considering perhaps going with something a little beefier on the cooling . and making that my top card . zotac 1070 amp extreme for example . super bulky .. and putting my 1070 amp as a secondary . any thoughts ? or should I just grab the same amp model i already have

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
The fact that the card was second had would have been pertinent information, as not every company offers RMA without a sales receipt (although I think Zotac may just go by serial#, someone else would have to confirm). Personally I would have just went with the RMA method, but at least you got everything sorted? :shrug:

I'd just get two of the same, no reason to have two different cards imho.

OP
Mikesamo

Mikesamo

The fact that the card was second had would have been pertinent information, as not every company offers RMA without a sales receipt (although I think Zotac may just go by serial#, someone else would have to confirm). Personally I would have just went with the RMA method, but at least you got everything sorted? :shrug:

I'd just get two of the same, no reason to have two different cards imho.

you dont think the amp extreme is a good idea ? to solve my overheating issue .. although the breathing room will now be even less considering this is a triple slot gpu

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I'd rather have a slot between GPUs than one single beefier cooler on one. If you are overheating you need additional airflow in/out of the case when you don't have blower-style coolers

OP
Mikesamo

Mikesamo

I'd rather have a slot between GPUs than one single beefier cooler on one. If you are overheating you need additional airflow in/out of the case when you don't have blower-style coolers

I,ll run to microcenter tomorrow and buy noctuas .. but i already tried the industrial ppc noctuas and the difference was neglible ..

wingman99

That looks like a normal temperatures, the only way you could lower the temperature with the case closed with the top card is more case fans.

OP
Mikesamo

Mikesamo

That looks like a normal temperatures, the only way you could lower the temperature with the case closed with the top card is more case fans.

without moding there's no way to add more fans unfortunately.. and I don't wanna sacrifice the 5.25 inch bay . I'm using it for the lcd fan controller and an optical drive ..