• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZTE Blade X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I've been using this phone for well over 3 years. Love andriod and this particular phone has been fantastic. Nice large screen (5.5in) for this oldman's eyes and quite snappy performance for a quad-core @ 1.4Ghz. A 64GB mini mem card for my storage for pics really puts this package together. I only use the phone for calls, pics, messages, emails and the occasional GPS, so for those services it's more than enough for my needs. I don't surf the net or watch videos on it and the only games I have on it is Poker and Dominoes which I play while I'm at the Doctor's office.

Several months ago the first issue I started having was the ear piece. No matter how loud I raised the volume on it, it started dying out on me to the point I'm forced to use the speaker to hear during calls. It pairs up nicely via bluetooth in the car, but out in public it's a pain via speaker phone method. If it wasn't because of this issue, I'd still be using it.

I couldn't find the cause of it nor a fix anywhere, so I've been using it via speaker-phone since.

I've liked the phone so much I purchased the newer model of it which is the Blade X2 Max. Larger screen (6in), 32gb onboard storage and an Octo-core. Has good reviews and nothing I've read shows it has any issues with the ear piece. The very few negatives I've read are users complaining about it chewing through battery power fast. Not sure if that's a defect or if it's people watching movies on it.

Anyways I can't wait to get it. Should arrive tomorrow :)

Anybody here using any ZTE phones?

*Update*

It's been a few days since I got the ZTE Blade X2 Max phone. I could've done the migration from the old to the new phone myself, but i'm only 3 blocks away from the AT&T store, so I had the sales rep do it. Yeah, call me lazy (which btw I am!) :rofl: . So my 1st take on it is; it's blinding fast. A couple of tweaks made it quicker. That Octo-core is awesome. Everything I do on it is very enjoyable. Sound output is nice and loud with the dual speakers and the microphone picks up everything with zero noise background. I called several people and they all said it sounds loud and crispy clear.

Battery drain is pretty much non-existent. As I stated before: I don't watch movies or sports on the phone. A few videos here and there if I'm working on a car and need a quick refresher. Aside of that, I just use the phone for what it's intended for: calls, messages, emails.

Bluetooth pairing was quick and painless. In less than 5 seconds it paired up with my car's radio. So far I'm very happy with a sub $100 phone. Only drawback is I have to get a new air-vent cradle as the one I had was for the old phone and doesn't support the new phone.

It seems, the problem arises out of the earpieces.
How long have you been usibng the earpieces?
Did you nudge them harer against a table or perhaps a wall?

Are you considering other earphones just in case they help you to listen better?

Back