Table of Contents
Yesterday, Fractal Design announced the release of its latest PSU series, the ION Gold. This fully modular series includes four models to fit your needs offering 550W, 650W, 750W, and 850W SKUs. Marketed as high-quality power supplies with competitive prices, the 550W ION Gold is only $80 and comes with a full seven-year warranty. Here is the press release from Fractal Design.
Fractal releases Ion Gold PSU
The power of balance
The latest addition to Fractal Design’s Ion PSU line-up is the Ion Gold. Tailored specifically for anyone looking for a high-quality power supply at a competitive price, the Ion Gold comes packed with capability.
Boasting a baseline 80PLUS® Gold Efficiency rating, the Ion Gold features great electrical performance and a quiet operation in an attractive design. It is fully modular and just 150 mm deep for reduced clutter and easy installation. It also comes with a 7-year warranty and a full electrical protection suite for peace of mind.
- 80PLUS® Gold Efficiency rating for reduced noise and energy consumption
- Premium Japanese 105°C capacitor(s) on the primary side for superior reliability and durability
- Equipped with a large temperature-controlled Fractal Design Dynamic 140 mm fan, custom-tailored for power supply use with an exceptionally low minimum speed
- DC-DC design for more precise electrical output and full compatibility with modern components
- Fully modular design for reduced clutter and maximum ease of installation
- Compact 150 mm depth allows for installation in compact cases or provides additional cable management room in larger cases
- Supports the latest ATX 2.52 standard with improved start-up time and transient load response
- 7-year warranty and a full electrical protection suite provides peace of mind
The Ion Gold ATX is a line of attractively priced high-quality power supplies featuring great electrical performance, quiet operation with a big 140 mm Dynamic series fan, and an appealing design.
Ion Gold is out now – check with your favorite retailer about availability