Overclockers writer and Benching Team member hokiealumnus (HWBot profile, author profile) , will be benching sub-zero live tonight! (Preformatted, sorry; I don’t have a habit of talking in third-person.)
Tune in to Overclockers Live! at 8:00 p.m. EST (plus or minus 15 minutes) for some overclocking with dry ice (DICE). Here’s the low-down:
- Mobo: EVGA P55 FTW
- CPU: Intel i7 870
- RAM: 2 x 2GB G.Skill Pi DDR3-2400, 9-11-9-28
- GPU: MSI X1550 (to have something on screen – 3D is best benched on Sandy Bridge or a Gulftown chip)
- Cooling: Dry ice on the CPU
- Focus: Anything 2D – trying to tie/beat DICE results on the bot.
- Click here to watch on Overclockers Live!
- Date & Time: April 23, 2011, around 8:00 p.m. EST (potentially earlier; will update if that’s the case)
- Benching will wind down whenever the DICE runs out, probably about four hours from when it begins.
I was preparing the hardware last night, so there should be little (if any) prep required this evening. Hope you can stop by and say hi!
–Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)