Terrific way to swap hard drives to isolate various operating systems on one PC – Joe
SUMMARY: Terrific way to swap hard drives to isolate various operating systems on one PC.
- Screwless and trayless design – drive snaps in and out
- Support SAS and SATA I/II Hard Drive
- Key Lock prevents theft or removal during operation
- Fits standard 5.25″ drive bay
- Positive cooling with 40 mm Fan
- Sturdy aluminum construction with plastic trim
The rack’s door opens easily with to reveal the interior:
The back shows two SATA connectors, a four pin power connector and the 40 mm cooling fan:
drive – no daisy chaining possible.
Inserting the drive couldn’t be easier – it’s literally slip it in and close the door:
I tried iStarUSA’s X-Rack on a Seagate Barracuda 250 GB, 7200 rpm hard drive with the following results:
No real surprise – it’s basically a direct connection to the PC, so performance is dependent upon the PC and drive’s characteristics.
This is the terrific way to swap hard drives to isolate various operating systems on one PC – no cross contamination.
Thanks again to iStarUSA for sending this our way.