Kingston announced a new business-class SSD release today, which comes in the form of their KC310. Built around the Phison S10 quad-core controller, the drive offers 960 GB of capacity and read/write speeds up to 550 and 520 MB/s respectively. The kit comes bundled with a USB enclosure, 3.5″ adapter bracket, 7 mm to 9.5 mm adapter, data and power cables, and cloning software. The KC310 is also available as a stand-alone drive without the bundled items. Here is the press release.
Kingston Digital Ships 960GB Business-Class SSD
- Large Capacity KC310 Doubles Storage of Existing Kingston Business SSDs
- Eight-Channel Controller Provides High-Level SATA 3 Performance
- Advanced Flash ECC Provides End-to-End Data Protection
Fountain Valley, CA – April 13, 2015 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the 960GB KC310 solid-state drive, its largest business-class SSD. KC310 is a true HDD replacement as its large capacity allows users to store more data and applications. Powered by a Phison S10 quad-core, eight-channel controller, KC310 provides unsurpassed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance delivering high read/write speeds and IOPS.
KC310 is an ideal SSD for entry-level servers and datacenter hosting companies looking for more storage. The drive provides end-to-end data protection through Advanced SmartECC™ and Flash error code correction. Data can be rebuilt in the event of an error allowing for extended NAND durability and reliability. The addition of firmware-based power loss protection helps maintain data integrity as data is constantly moved to NAND to minimize the amount of time it stays in the cache.
“Kingston is proud to add this drive to our line of business SSDs for users who want or need nearly 1TB in storage,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston®. “Corporate customers looking to upgrade client systems will also find KC310 ideal for entry-level servers with its combination of read/write speeds, IOPS, high capacity and advanced data protection.”
In addition to the KC310, Kingston also offers the KC300 series for corporate customers who require client management software to centrally manage and set security policies for its SSDs. KC300 SSDs support TCG Opal 2.0, IEEE 1667 and Microsoft eDrive, as well as feature advanced power management and enterprise-grade S.M.A.R.T. attributes. KC300 SSDs utilize the award-winning SandForce® SF2281 Flash controller and range in capacity from 60GB to 480GB.
KC310 and KC300 SSDs are backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
KC310 Features and Specifications:
- High Capacity: more room to store applications and data
- High Performance: allows user to fully exploit the potential of their systems while enhancing productivity
- End-to-end data protection: provides intelligent data error correction for advanced data reliability
- Firmware-based power loss protection: enables drive to recover from unsafe power shutdown
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance on compatible operating systems
- Guaranteed: three-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor:5″
- Interface SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s): with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities1: 960GB
- Controller: Phison PS3110-S10
- Sequential Read/Write2: SATA Rev. 3.0 – up to: 550/520MB/s
- Maximum 4k Read/Write2: Up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write2: Up to 96,000/88,000 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 80,700
- Enterprise S.M.A.R.T. Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 681TB 0.66 DWPD4
- Power Consumption:54 W Idle / 0.67 W Avg / 1.66 W (MAX) Read / 3.26 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions:9mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 84g
- Vibration operating:17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 1 million hours
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support