- Using XP instead of Vista (I was out of town last weekend, and stuck on Vista as I was intending to bench 3D, but had hardware issues)
- Improving RAM frequency and timings (I focused only on CPU testing last weekend)
- Increasing CPU-NB frequency, for improved efficiency (SuperPi performance product)
- Applying SuperPi1M tweaks provided by the OC Forums Benchmarking Team private lounge to get that last push for my scores
- Further testing for strongest cores (core 0 and core 1 seem best so far)
Previous Scores to Beat
- 6686.04Mhz CPU-Z Validation – 21.1 Boints – 340th out of thousands of CPU-Z submissions, 41st out of 261 965BE submissions
- 10.608 Seconds SuperPi1M – 12.6 Boints – 3046th out of thousands of SuperPi1M submissions, 39th out of 204 965BE submissions
- 11 Minutes, 28.463 Seconds SuperPi32M – 6.3 Boints – 1953rd out of thousands of SuperPi32M submissions, 21st out of 104 965BE submissions
- 6.303 Seconds wPrime32M – 9.3 Boints – 1208th out of thousands of wPrime32M submissions, 35th out of 163 965BE submissions
- 3 Minutes 30.602 Seconds wPrime1024M – 5.4 Boints – 1057th out of thousands of wPrime1024M submissions, 25th out of 104 965BE submissions
As the sessions progress, this article will be updated to include the results in a format similar to the previous scores listed above!
Hope everyone can drop in to check out my session and help me out!
UPDATE: These are the scores I achieved this past weekend. They are all improvements over the scores listed above for comparison. I never got back to working at CPU-Z again, but I improved my scores on both the SuperPi and wPrime benchmarks. My best result? I took 3rd place in wPrime1024M, only 2 people in the world have ran their AMD 965BE through this test faster than my score – 3 minutes 3.499 seconds! Clicking through the links provided will show you my rankings, as well as screenshots of my scores and settings.
- 10.453 Seconds SuperPi1M – 14.8 Boints – 2950th out of thousands of SuperPi1M submissions, 28th out of 204 965BE submissions
- 10 Minutes, 55.594 Seconds SuperPi32M – 8.6 Boints – 1830th out of thousands of SuperPi32M submissions, 10th out of 106 965BE submissions
- 5.734 Seconds wPrime32M – 13.9 Boints – 928th out of thousands of wPrime32M submissions, 12th out of 163 965BE submissions
- 3 Minutes 3.499 Seconds wPrime1024M – 13.2 Boints – 823rd out of thousands of wPrime1024M submissions, 3rd out of 104 965BE submissions
As it was my best run, here is a shot of my settings and score for my 3rd place wPrime1024M run:
I recorded the livestream of that session, and you can watch me work at getting that score in the following video. Be advised however, it took me 4 hours so the video is long. The 3 hour and 32 minute mark in the video is where I complete my best run.