Table of Contents
This week Nvidia released its GeForce Game Ready 496.49 WHQL driver. This latest driver provides support for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042, and many more. This update also fixes a few bugs in Doom 3: BFG Edition, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and a random black screen issue with LG OLED C1 series monitors. Nvidia also added support for six new G-SYNC compatible displays. Continue reading Nvidia’s press release for download links and complete details.
NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 496.49 WHQL
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 2x. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042 Early Access, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Chivalry 2, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and Riders Republic.
Support For Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
Our newest Game Ready Driver driver also adds support for 6 new G-SYNC Compatible displays that deliver a baseline Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) experience that makes your gaming smoother and more enjoyable.
MANUFACTURER MODEL HDR SIZE LCD Type Resolution VRR Range AOC 24G2W1G4 No 24″ IPS 1920×1080 (FHD) 48-144Hz AOC AG274QS3R1B+ Yes 27″ IPS 2560×1440 (QHD) 48-170Hz ASUS XG27AQM Yes 27″ IPS 2560×1440 (QHD) 60-240Hz ASUS VG32AQ1LA No 32″ IPS 2560×1440 (QHD) 48-144Hz ASUS XG249CM Yes 24.5″ IPS 1902×1080 (FHD) 48-270Hz MSI MPG321QRF-QD Yes 32″ IPS 2560×1440 (QHD) 60-165Hz
New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings
GeForce Experience’s one-click optimal settings enable you to instantly configure game options for your system’s hardware, giving you smooth, optimized gameplay. Over 1000 titles are supported, and since our last driver release we’ve added support for 6 more:
- Crysis 2 Remastered
- Crysis 3 Remastered
- Gas Station Simulator
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Qian Nv You Hun
- Sword and Fairy 7
- [Doom 3: BFG Edition]: Visual corruption occurs in the game. 
- [Tom Clancy’s The Division 2]: Flickering and visual corruption may appear after extended gameplay. 
- [LG OLED C1 series]: The display may show random black screen flicker at 1080p. 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: The game may randomly crash during gameplay. 
- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]
- [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker. 
- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. 
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. 
To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. 
- NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager – .202.21
- HD Audio Driver – 126.96.36.199
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.21.0713
- GeForce Experience – 188.8.131.52
- CUDA – 11.4
- DCH NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.961.0
GeForce Game Ready Driver – Download Now
You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 496.49 WHQL driver through GeForce Experience.If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you. And if you’re looking for a full list of fixes in this driver, for previously-reported issues, head here.