AMD to release Zosma (Thuban) in Q2 2010 @ Fudzilla.com
Fudzilla reports that AMD will be releasing a new line of Phenom II X4 CPUs along with the Phenom II X6 CPUs. This new line up will bring the competition back between AMD and Intel. Currently Intel has very low cost performance CPUs, that features Hyper-Threading and various other things that no one cares about. AMD, on the other hand, has only been able to release, after one year of the Phenom II, updated CPUs. In Q2 of 2010 AMD will release the Thuban CPUs. These CPUs will still be Phenom II CPUs with two more cores added on.
The new Phenom II X4, code named “Zosma”, will feature the same architecture as the Thuban. So similar, that reports say it is a Phenom II X6 with two cores disabled. What does this mean? Well if anyone is familiar with the Phenom II lineup, they would know that the X3, and X2 CPUs are X4s with disabled CPU cores. For the buyer this is great news. The Zosma CPUs will bring back the competition with Intel. At 95w TDP and the potential to unlock twos will create a huge market for computer builders.
News that is a Big deal:
- ATI FirePro M5800 graphics leaked; coming to HP Elitebook 8540w! @ HPFansite
- [Exclusive]HD5450 Specifications @ Ait-Forum.de – Refer to image for the leaked specifications as this site is in German.
- Intel Sandy Bridge 32nm Comes in Q1 2011 @ Fudzilla.com
- AMD Rolls Out 5 New Processors @ Eteknix.com
- DDR3 Atom is N475 @ Fudzilla.com
- @NVIDIAGeForce – “Fun Fact of the Week: GeForce GTX 480 and GeForce GTX 470 will be the names of the first two GPUs shipped based on our new GF100 chip!”
- Core i7 970 is a 3.2GHz six-core @ Fudzilla.com
- MSI Radeon HD 5670 1GB Video Card in CrossFire @ TweakTown.com
- An Inside Look at Intel and Micron 25nm Flash Memory Production @ PCper.com
News on the side:
- CPU Cooler Shootout – AM3 Platform Review @ OverclockersTech.com
- AMD Confirms Grey-Screen Crash @ Bit-Tech.net
- Beta Catalyst 8.70 RC @ Ati-Forum.de
- Xpower X58: A New Extreme for MSI? @ Bit-Tech.net
- Next Generation Devices Get Boost from Penn State Research @ PSU.edu – OCF Discussion
- Windows 8 Dates Leaked… @ DailyTech.com – OCF Discussion
- SilverStone Announces Hybrid SSD-Hard Disk Device @ Bit-Tech.net
Around the Forums:
- Miahallen adds LN2 to i5 670, Gold is produced in reaction
- Someone spots a Voodoo 6000 on Ebay, Cheaper to buy a 5970
- Wood + PC = Woody PC
- Open Hardware Monitor. Support our Forum Coders!
- OCF Breaks through 450Million marker in SETI. E.T. reported stealing Reese from local Plasma Fuel Station.
- Megahalem makes a big win, so says Miahallen
- Twin Tower Architecture thoroughly tested for 4 months
- Eva2000 has fun with 4gb A-Data 2000X
- TollHouseFrank does Thumbdrive restoration, says looking for the One Ring
- Members dream build computers that Bill Gates uses as an HTPC
- i7 Fanboys told to stop drooling and help fold. Help the folding team!
- Folder receives beer as gift for folding, members now believe there is a magical beer fairy
- Members remember what they used to watch when they were bored at work, before the internet was around