• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my Samsung DDR333 won't oc over DDR354.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeph

Registered
Hello oc gurus
i just bought Samsung PC2700 256MB DDR-SDRAM.
and i want to use it as DDR400 but it won't work.
it works great at DDR354 (CPU:RAM 133:178 Setting)
but when i increase FSB more than 133. doesn't work.
the reason i found is memory.
when i trying 150 FSB without memory oc it's working.
but when i oc the memory, i can't get onto the Windows with some blue screen.(i've tried it with 3.2V DRAM Voltage. but still don't work :mad: )

Give me some idea. thanks.

Using...
Pentium4-1.6A Northwood (Malay)
Abit IT7 MAX
Samsung DDR333 256MB*2 (Single side sticks) it's original
Windows 2000 Professional SP2

having two seperate sticks instead of one big 512 isn't helping at all.

Thanks for reply.

But i already tried with only one stick.
it's also won't go over DDR354.
seems it's not one stick or two sticks issue.

PS.Mi-Yeon Gan?

Last edited:
That board has very high memory effeciency.
Samsung will not do more than 3000-3200mb/s and thats with a better than average stick. Check your sandra memory scores and see if you are close to that.
Also make sure you are using slower memory timing's like 2.5-3-3 and 2t and don't try to use alot of voltage on the memory keep it around 2.7v-2.8v.

Last edited:
hey, do you think (since we have all the smart people already in this room) that i should wait to get dual ddr? or should i go 1066?

1066 is fine for certain motherboard/cpu combinations.
So far all the I850E motherboards have a max fsb in the 150-155 range. Not very good for getting the most out of a 1.6a or 2.26b cpu.
If you use the 1066 in a abit th7-II then you can get quite a high
fsb but some have reported having stability problems at high fsb's on this board.

Dual channel ddr should be pretty good but no guarantee on how long the wait will be. It might be september or longer.

Back