• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which memory to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

Ugh.... i had asked this question for awhile and finally decided on samsung original pc2700. But now alot of places are out and dont even have the good ram. So i am asking all over again which ram should i get? I plan to get 512mb. also should i get 1 stick of 512 or 2 sticks of 256?

to be honest dont really know which is best, but stay away from generic, just get a name brand. 1 stick, sometimes having more then 1 stick will prevent u from getting as high FSB overclocking.

The XtremeDDR PC3200 looks alright. It uses CTL Samsung chips unlike others advertising CTL but giving DTL. It isn't as expensive as Corsair XMS either. It's 89.99 for a 256mb stick, and 128.50 for a 512 stick.

http://www.pc-pitstop.com/memory/

Sam told me PC-Pitstop was the only place that'd he'd buy it from since they have a good reputation.

PCpitstop sells stuff??? lolz i didnt know that, i just went there every now and then to run a simple test.

Back