• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD711 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawk

OK, here’s the set up: Abit BD711 raid board, crucial XMS 3200 CAS 2, GF 3 ti500, P4 2.4 Northwood (unlocked) Maxtor 80Gb HDD 7200, All new stuff (slightly used proc.)
Here is the problem: The bios allows me to set the multiplier but upon boot does not use my setting. The multiplier it uses depends upon where I set the FSB. I can only get 2.66 from this rig on this board.
I got 2.8 from it easily in my asus533 board. The asus now is running a 1.5 @ 2 with significantly lower quality agp and mem.. But I digress…..What’s up with the ABIT board?
Thanks in advance.

Are you using "user define" under the "CPU operating speed" part of the Soft Menu section of the BIOS? If not, then cycle through all the options until you select "user define". That will cause the multiplers and FSB settings located immediately below that to no longer be grayed out. Now you can manually and individually select multiplier and FSB.

Yep I am using user defined.
I can set it fine up to a multiplier of 20, anything above that defaults back to 20 or 18. If I try to achive a higer clock speed (above 2.66) by increasing the FSB it wont boot) Could my memory settings be causing this? Remember that it went to 2.8 on the asus board.
Thank you,
Hawk

Back