• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with my mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grabson

Hi everyone!

Yesterday i just set up new PC with this specs:

-PSU: Corsair TX650W 80 Plus
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0 GHz
-Mobo: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC
-RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4X4Gb 1866mHz CL9
-GPU: GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048mb GDDR5 by Gigabyte
-HDD1: Seagate Baracuda 7200 rpm 500GB
-HDD2: WD 1TB 7200 rpm
-Case: Zalman Z11 with 5 fan's included

And i have problem with restarting example:
I go to BIOS then i just choose "save changes and reboot" then i can't see nothing on my screen cause GPU don't send any signal to LCD and everything is working (fan's, HDD's but they do not read). I can wait to rest of my life and my PC won't go on and load OS. Same is when i try to restart Windows. The only way to turn on PC is hold power button for 5 seconds to turn off and then click power button to turn on. When my PC have this lag i can see that there is 00 debug code on MOBO, what's more when OS is working there is A2 debug code.
What i tried to fix it:
-I updated first BIOS to newest version (1.9) and i leave old version on second BIOS (1.5) - do not help
-I tried to clear CMOS, not even once - did not help
-I tried to remove 1 RAM, then 2 RAM's, then 3 RAM's - did not help
-I tierd to disconnect all SATA's and run OS on Pendrive - did not help
-I tried to disconnect all cables on my MOBO except power cables ofcourse - did not help
-I tried to reinstal Windows, not even once (it was desperation cause OS has nothing to my problem) - did not help
-I tried to turn on OC Genie and then to turn off - did not help
What i'm gonna try:
-Disconnect GPU and run on board Intel GPU, 3 of 4 RAM's, all SATA's, all cables except power and run from Pendrive.
What i think is wrong:
-There are 3 power slots (12pin and 2X4pin) and i didn't plug one of 4pin power slot and there is not enough power but 3th 4pin slot its extreme OC needed slot (i heard about it)
http://oi57.tinypic.com/sljknb.jpg
-This is manufacture issue and i will have to send my MOBO to guarantee. :/
In addition: i can also shutdown, turn on, hibernate and sleep my PC but not restart/reboot. :/

And my question is: do somebody know whats wrong and how to fix it ?
P.S i'm so sorry for my english. English it's not my native language and i tried to write this post as good as i can :p
Thanks for help :)
Greetings from Poland :)

Have you ran Memtest ?

It could just be a faulty MB but it could also be the ram or a PSU .

I fixed this issue by updating BIOS one more time but with ME update then i load optimalized options.

Thanks for help :)
This thread can be closed :)

Updating BIOS and ME fixed my problem. First time i have updated only BIOS without ME and that was my fault :p

Last edited:
Back