• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help, new PC not posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bossman0150

I am trying to build a new PC. Parts are:

Mobo: Asrock b650M Pro RS
CPU: AMD ryzen 5 7600x
RAM: G-skill Ripjaws S5 32gb (2x16GB) DDR5-6600
GPU: AMD RX 7900 XT
PSU: Be Quiet pure power 12m 850w

Put it all together, no display, GPU fans not spinning. CPU & VRAM LEDs are lit up and don't change no matter how long I leave it on. Tried different monitors, different cables and nothing. Re-seated GPU with no change. Took everything apart, cleaned and re-seated the CPU, changed CPU power cable, reseated the RAM (using 2nd and 4th RAM slots)tried using 1 stick of ram twice, tried booting with no ram, cleared cmos and even left GPU off and nothing changes. The CPU fans spin and light up but nothing else. Tried using different RAM and still no change.

I have been building PCs for 25 years and this is the first time I have had an issue like this, really frustrating!! Anybody have any ideas?

Is your RAM, either kit you tried, on the qvl list?

Does that board have bios flashback capability? If so, update the bios.

Is your RAM, either kit you tried, on the qvl list?

Does that board have bios flashback capability? If so, update the bios.
No, that has never been an issue for me in the past, ugh. I am updating the bios right now and will order ram from the qvl list if that does not help. I hope its one of those 2 things...

well flashing the bios didn't change anything. Hopefully amazon's 1 day shipping comes through and the qvl approved memory fixes the issue. I just want my pc to work lol.

Fingers crossed. What speed of memory did you get. For AMD, I wouldn't bother much over 6000. 6400 really. Thats the most plug and play speed anyway.

Please keep us posted. :)

I went with 6000 this time. TEAMGROUP 32gb (2x16) kit. The brand is new to me but reviewed well on amazon.

Welp I hope it's not your board. The PSU looks to be plenty for your system, but it should have at least post to bios.

Back