• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC crash memory management and such bsod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eva.122

Hello ! so I bought my pc like 2-3 months ago.
So my pc sometime crashes with a bsod or some app like discord refreshes randomly and even game crashes,
I tried to look up a bit and I saw that my ram (G skill rip jaws 3600 mhz 16gb ram) is known for its xmp profile issue by a lot of other people so I would be glad if someone could help me about this issue!

Thanks!

Pc compontents
Motherboards: PRIME B550-A WIFI II
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4060
Ram: Gskill ripjaws, 16 GB (3600 Mhz)
BIOS Version : PRIME B550M-A WIFI II BIOS 3405 (LATEST one)
1705534494948.png 1705534500171.png

Welcome to OCF.

Have you tried entering ram timings and voltages manually? With my MSI X570 Tomahawk mobo, it disliked XMP. Once I enter the timings/voltages to the memory manually, problem stopped. My current X570S board, it works in both XMP or manually, go figure.

Welcome to OCF.

Have you tried entering ram timings and voltages manually? With my MSI X570 Tomahawk mobo, it disliked XMP. Once I enter the timings/voltages to the memory manually, problem stopped. My current X570S board, it works in both XMP or manually, go figure.
I haven't tried that but I dont actually know which ram timings and voltages I should put, I dont really trust myself on such things so if you could help me with the values that I should put it would be great!

Thanks.

In your CPUz screenshot... it shows you. The timings under XMP and voltage. Just set CAS, RAS to CAS, RAS precrg, and tRAS (18-22-22-42). Voltage, 1.35V is below that.

Last edited:
In your CPUz screenshot... it shows you. The timings under XMP and voltage. Just set CAS, RAS to CAS, RAS precrg, and tRAS (18-22-22-42). Voltage, 1.35V is below that.
So I disabled D.O.C.P is this now correct ? :
1706121672931.png 1706121679739.png

Why aren't you setting it to the 1800 mhz timings? While that will work, it's slower than they are supposed to be and what we set out to do.

Back