• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My PC doesn’t boot when I OC my RAM and enable Memory Context Restore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Segundoh

Registered
Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs

I saw that other people with Asus motherboards are having issues with BSODs and unbootable PCs as well, but they resolved it by rolling back to 809 and 823. I tried all 4 available BIOS versions, and my PC is still not booting up with any of them.

I was having this issue with TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory, and I'm still having this issue with my new RAM. Im using DOCP I for both. Well, I was getting BSODs before, but I'm not even getting those since I can't boot my PC at all. It's usually stuck on the CPU QLED, but it rarely gets stuck on the RAM QLED as well. I have to do a BIOS flashback to boot my PC again. Is something wrong with both of the memory kits I bought, or is my mobo defective? It doesn't seem to be a BIOS issue since it works for everyone else except for the latest version.

Where should I change EXPO and Memory Context Restore? Should I change it in the Ai Tweaker section or the Advanced -> AMD Overclocking section? I tried both, and they both don't work; is one better than the other though? Additionally, changing it in AMD Overclocking maks my PC unbootable on its own even without turning on Memory Context Restore.

Either or is fine, it's the same thing.

Also, I thought Memory Context Restore is supposed to bypass memory training...does it work with it on?

You were stable like 5 days ago, no? Did something change?

Worth noting for those reading is the similar thread - https://www.overclockers.com/forums...s-even-though-other-memory-tests-work.803495/

Either or is fine, it's the same thing.

Also, I thought Memory Context Restore is supposed to bypass memory training...does it work with it on?

You were stable like 5 days ago, no? Did something change?

Worth noting for those reading is the similar thread - https://www.overclockers.com/forums...s-even-though-other-memory-tests-work.803495/
Yes, my PC works fine as long as I don’t enable Memory Context Restore. It seems other people got it to work, but I guess it makes sense that skipping memory training would cause issues. It also doesn’t boot up when I disable Power Down mode for some reason. Maybe it’s different for DDR5 RAM, but I thought it was generally a good idea to disable that. If I disable that, my PC doesn’t boot up. Is that a RAM, mobo, or BIOS issue?

Not talking across two different threads covering both things..

To put it simply for you... stop enabling/disabling random things that are making your system unstable... stop testing and use your PC. If at that point it's unstable, let's troubleshoot. :)

You posted this at like at least 3 different forums... wow!

Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs

I saw that other people with Asus motherboards are having issues with BSODs and unbootable PCs as well, but they resolved it by rolling back to 809 and 823. I tried all 4 available BIOS versions, and my PC is still not booting up with any of them.

I was having this issue with TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory, and I'm still having this issue with my new RAM. Im using DOCP I for both. Well, I was getting BSODs before, but I'm not even getting those since I can't boot my PC at all. It's usually stuck on the CPU QLED, but it rarely gets stuck on the RAM QLED as well. I have to do a BIOS flashback to boot my PC again. Is something wrong with both of the memory kits I bought, or is my mobo defective? It doesn't seem to be a BIOS issue since it works for everyone else except for the latest version.

Where should I change EXPO and Memory Context Restore? Should I change it in the Ai Tweaker section or the Advanced -> AMD Overclocking section? I tried both, and they both don't work; is one better than the other though? Additionally, changing it in AMD Overclocking maks my PC unbootable on its own even without turning on Memory Context Restore.
why oc soo much?:D when u can get your pc rly fast without overclock? you know power scheme "bitsum highest perforcmance powerscheme" and your ssd work like them should Higher speed, try find guides how to optimize pc , and learn windows take so much power from u if u dont do something about it ;D . but disconnect your PSU POWER CABLE - and hold power button for 10 sec , then take Ram / 24 pin cable from mobo / cpu power/ gpu/ then take out cmos bat for atleast 30 min if you have tried less earlier, i forced have it out for 2 hours then it worked after Overclock, and bro you must turn off all power save modes(c-states and all **** in bios, Debloat windows

You realize you're posting at OVERCLOCKERS.COM, right @Oldtweaker? For a second or third time, it's what we do here.

Disabling C-states doesn't really help with much, dude. The transition from state to state doesn't make a difference. Your advice is concerning... especially without further explanation.....

Back