• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good news, Bad news. ('Hawk gets reprieve)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
The bad news is bad. I am ready to throw out my 15 year old MSI board...I do suck at updating drivers and when I went to update to the 435's it bricked Ubuntu 20**
Just a flashing bar on reboot.

Before this tho I added a 4070 Ti. Wouldn't boot with the 4070 Ti plugged into the monitor , it did boot with the 3080 plugged. Wouldn't fold on either. That is when I tried the driver. I am not sure the Mobo supports 4000's. It is on the last BIOS update available which got the 3000's to work.

So I tried a Win 10 boot...which was fine but it refuses to use any of 4 ssd's I have laying around. Tried to plug them in to the PC that is working z390 and its kills it.

I took a break and I'll try Ubuntu again but I have kinda reached my end. If I don't get it working tonight. I think I'll go back to MC tomorrow and build another PC. Going to parts picker to cobble something cheap together.

F'ing ssd's:mad:

Oh the good news with help from fah forums I am up in PPD with over 50K. Including a laptop I got today with a 4070. 'Hawk might of been right about me dreaming about passing him in PPD. :unsure:

Ubuntu nvidia driver issue. Perhaps you can switch to terminal and purge the driver.
Ctrl-Alt-F1 or Ctrl-Alt-F2
login with user name and pw
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
reboot
try installing the driver again

Ubuntu nvidia driver issue. Perhaps you can switch to terminal and purge the driver.
Ctrl-Alt-F1 or Ctrl-Alt-F2
login with user name and pw
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
reboot
try installing the driver again
Thanks H, :cheers:
Like my drives on the Golf course it's not what I wanted but it's what I got.

After Dinner I muddled thru some boot sequences and drive settings in BIOS and got Win 10 loaded or it may have been the newer SSD I stole from my main PC...

Its PPD is around 20Mill and the other 2 PC's around 25 a piece and the laptop at around 2mill. So 70Mill should show up after 24 hours.

I wasn't sure if this Mobo would run a 4000 series , so now I know that it does. 1 3080 and 1 4070 Ti Super.

If someone writes up a 22.04 install for dummies I'll try it after the race.

Back