• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team challenge available, 5 billion and a weekly update too.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Okay. Lets start with a potentially exciting, if not fun possibility. The folks over at the [H] have been doing a race of sorts for the last few years. They have decided to open this race up to more teams. While I'm disappointed that we weren't the first choice ( ;) ), we have been invited to join. The details are not fully clear to me but it appears to be about a week long challenge to fold as much as you can fold. This would be an opportunity to recruit friends and family to try folding for a week or to borrow (borg) :borg:computers for a week. A definitive start and stop time that can make recruiting and borging easier to do. There is also talk about having time to build bigger farms with 4070's and such. The tentative dates that I've seen are 26 January to 2 February. These dates may not be correct so stay tuned.

Remember, our motto has been (well before my time) Build, Borg, Recruit. This could be a great time to do that. Please think about it and post below any thoughts that you have. Link here.

This week we have picked up a challenger. AnandTech is looking to take our spot. Now, I hesitate to list the time it will take as they are still picking up steam. 14 years. Yes, a lot will change in 14 years but we do not know the limit to their production. Keep an eye on 'em. They could be trouble. (winky face again but this time I'm writing it out instead of the emoji) ;) If things stay as they are, we'll have passed hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA before we get passed. However, things never stay the same and we work hard to be where we are. So how are team averages looking? So glad you asked.

Overclockers.com - 720.0 million ppd
Hardware.no - 488.9 million ppd
NVIDIA - 63.3 million ppd
EVGA - 578.6 million ppd
Team AnandTech - 753.7 million ppd

Maybe this race could help us make up the 33 million ppd deficit we have against our friends at AnandTech. Maybe.

Team stats

I just looked and am excited to say thata we have a very big boost in membership. Two new members. :welcome: to soulrider4ever and Reese. Thank you for joining. Our total number of active folders has risen by 12 this week! I'm very happy to see that. This is super d duper. Yeah. That's right. Super "D" duper. (No reason to emphasize the "d". It's just fun to say it that way.) Thank you all for your continued participation.

Top 24 are all earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 12 are all earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are all earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are all earning 30 million ppd or more. (I see you @Farwalker2u )
Top 4 are all earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are all earning 60 million ppd or more. (@WhitehawkEQ Welcome back from your bit of a scare.)
Top 2 are earning 160 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 250 million ppd. (Great job @Holdolin )

Team individuals are making some very strong numbers too.
Fastest movers are:
soulrider4ever moved up 816 spots.
langer1972 moved up 685 spots.
grub00 moved up 172 spots.
Reese moved up 162 spots.

These numbers are fun when you start out because it takes time to pass full time folders like myself. Recognition where it's due. Great start guys. Keep it up.

BigBlockk has just earned 5 billion! WOOT! I'll have to adjust the title of this thread to reflect this major achievement.
@tom_ozahoski has earned 600 million.
@DeputyKovacs has earned 200 million. (Didn't you just start folding?)
moz_21 has earned 60 million.
langer1972 has earned 3 million.
grub00 just earned his first 1 million! WOOT!

Okay guys. weather has been shitty for some and is just getting shitty for others. Stay warm. Stay safe.

Build, Borg, Recruit.

Last edited:
To our newest members: welcome to the team. What we do as a team never fails to both amaze and impress me. All the 'stones and all the advancement. Everybody just doin what they can for this thing we do. I'd say y'all make this old man proud, but in the last couple months I've learned I'm amongst the younger of our members :chair: :rofl: :escape:

Anyway, great job one and all. WTF!!!

I like the start dates for the contest...It may just give enough time to get one of the Super's shipped. EDIT: I can't get to my MC till the 25th...I'll reserve before I go if they have stock. (y)

Last edited:
I'll fire this back up on my main rig. I'll add more CPU to my Plex VM and run there too. I also have an arcade cabinet I'm slowly working on that can dust off the 2080ti.

And because I don't use enough power, and they're not doing anything else, my OG Titans can stretch their legs a bit. Worth a few points at least.

I assume any WU that finishes just after the start will be counted given the tally intervals.

So, this would involve running a version of linux? If that is the case, I will not be able to do it because I have tried to install it and it never works.

Yeah. No need to get fancy for the event. Linux folding is for when you get comfortable with folding and are looking to get the absolute most of your hardware. Linux users *can* get more ppd (points per day) but it takes time, patients and know-how.

For me, I use Windows for both of my "farm" machines. I need Windows for what I like to do so I fold on Windows. You can too. ;)

Yeah. No need to get fancy for the event. Linux folding is for when you get comfortable with folding and are looking to get the absolute most of your hardware. Linux users *can* get more ppd (points per day) but it takes time, patients and know-how.

For me, I use Windows for both of my "farm" machines. I need Windows for what I like to do so I fold on Windows. You can too. ;)
I agree so much with about being hard about running a VM with Mint or dual boot. I can't :bang head get it to work at all.

Oh. The reason that AnandTech is trending up so much may (and likely is) because of the aforementioned race. If they are ramping up to win, then they mean business. Not to be outdone by us. As mentioned in another post, we have the top 21 earning 2 million ppd or more. We've never done that before. We too are ramping up for competition and we are set to let the world know who we are.

!!! WHO ARE WE? !!!
ahh.... we're team 32 of overclockers.com. No need to shout about it.

I've been making my plans to ramp up but will not be able to implement early. I can see that my plans are not nearly as grand as others we are already seeing. Not that I'm doing poorly. No. It's just that others are that good. How good are you? (Don't answer that.) I'm impressed already is all. I'm impressed.
Post magically merged:

I agree so much with about being hard about running a VM with Mint or dual boot. I can't :bang head get it to work at all.
Oh. They aren't running a VM. I don't think anyway. I think these guys are full on Linux on their farm. I'm not that advanced.

My biggest issue was just getting proper NVIDIA drivers on Linux. Hopefully I'm aging myself and things have gotten easier.

Back