• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing components on A7V333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadOC

Hello. I just bought a new motherboard, the a7v333, and i was wondering, since i have fried 2 cpus before (all flukeishly covered by warantee :) Wink wink) thank god!
Well, i am kinda scared of touching CPUS now since it happened.
So, can someone or some people please explain to me how to put the CPU in properly before i mess something up?
I know how to do everything else, just the CPU pops a few questions in my head.
Like: Do i need to remove the existing thermal paste off the dye before adding more when i replace the HSF? Do i even need to add more or can i just leave what was on there before and just put it in the new Mobo and strap on the HSF?
Thanks !

Isn't the A7V333 an AMD mobo? :D

My tip would be to remove the motherboard and make sure that the heatsink is perfectly leveled.

Last edited:
BuccKevin said:
Isn't the A7V133 an AMD mobo? :D

I was just going to say that He would have a tough time getting an Intel cpu in a socket A motherboard:p

BadOC

Just make sure you take precautions against static discharge.
And you can clean off the old thermal compound and apply a new coat. You should be ok, just take your time:)

Good Luck
Al

Back