• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tell PC100/133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I have 2 sticks of sdram..one I know is pc133 and the other i'm not sure. When I try to set my fsb to 133 instead of 100 in the BIOS and run SANDRA..it says my memory/chipset speed is still at 100..is this because that one stick isn't pc133? If so, can I take that stick out to get the other one running at 133?

Thanks

I checked both sticks, and they are both pc133, not 100. But when I run SANDRA it still says my memory/logical chipset speed is at 100. I checked the BIOS settings and manually put it memory/fsb on 133 instead of SPD timing, but no success. I ran memory tests and I'm getting bandwidth as if i was running pc100 memory. I'm not sure how to fix this...is my memory really 100 instead 133, SANDRA also shows memory sticks as pc133..

if it is PC133 then you should have no problem setting it to read from the SPD.
make sure you dont have the dividers lowering it to 100MHz.

check if you cant set FSB/mem clock to 1/1, 100/100, 133/133, 100/133MHz.

I have an ECS P4VXASD with a 1.5 P4 and 640 MB pc133. I don't have many options in the BIOS..all I can change is the mem speed, cas latency, and timing by spd,etc...I've tried different settings, cominations of settings, and Sandra still shows logical/chipset memory speed at 100mhz (It does show a max mem speed of 133 under chipset).. and when I do memory bandwidth bench it affirms that i'm only at 100mhz.

Unless you can set the memory to run at 133 in the bios and I doubt you can it can only run at the fsb speed of the cpu of 100 unless you raise the cpu fsb speed and overclock the cpu.

If you are running the fsb at 133 your cpu should show as about 1995mhz.

If you are running the memory at 133 with the cpu at 100 sandra will show the chipset as running at 100 since sandra only uses the external fsb.

I am running my memory at 208mhz with the cpu at 139fsb.
Sandra only shows 139x2(ddr) for the memory.

Last edited:
Back