• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7 II wont shutdown?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x1xBugsBunnyx1x

my little bro is having a crisis with his board he just bought, it wont shutdown? start/shutdown/shutdown in win2k kills the O/S & monitor but his fans keep running? so its not a full shutdown?
i told him to set the bios to default then try, nope.. go in & start disabling wake on lan, wake on ring etc etc but still wont power off the fans?
yeah in control panel it is set, hard discs / never monitor after 15 minutes, system always on, no sleep mode..
anyone up on this board that i could be missing a setting in the bios? im not there to look at it myself, so im on irc doing the diagnostics of it..the HD & O/S where fine in his asus p4t which he just replaced so its not an o/s issue..
Thanks

tell him to hold the on off button till everything turns off (usually 1 - 4 sec.) . after it shuts off. have him pull the cord out of the back of the ps supply approx 30 secs. then reboot and see if it shuts downs. if that doesnt work, have him do the same thing,plus while the cord is out have him short the bios pins on the board that oughta do it.

Back