• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

----Quantity vs quality----

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenji

Registered
which would be better:

- 256m DDD PC3500 or 512m DDR PC3200?

- 256m DDD PC3500 or 512m DDR PC2700?

It depends on how much you are planning on ocing. IF you are ging to only do 170 or so front side bus- get the pc2700. If you are going for over 200, you will need something better. For windows xp, 256 is not fun to live with- so I really would not get the 256.

I wouldn't risk it. I really don't understand exactly what they're selling on that page.

Anyway, Newegg has 512mb PC2700 Kingston ValueRAM for ~$125 that will overclock very well. A very good buy.

Wow, that is a good deal. Mushkin is great stuff. I was planning on buying 512mb of Kingston PC2700, but this is only $25 more. What to get?? Anyone seen any reviews or reports on this stuff?

With the Kingston stick, you may get lucky and get a stick that's got Winbond 5ns chips (same as XMS3200) but then again, you may not and get a stick with Samsung chips.

~THT

Back