• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soyo 7vda socket 370 DDR board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wardog50

Hi,

Im new to the board and the overclocking world.

So I have a lot of questions.

I have learned alot just reading the boards but now its time for a few questions.

I have a Dell Dimension 4100
it has a PentiumIII 933
128mb s.d.RAM
32mb GeForce2MX
20G.B. Hard Drive
Im not sure of the motherboard.
I know its probably not very overclock friendly so I have been looking into a new one.

In my search I found this Soyo board

7vda
Via Apollo chipset
socket 370 supports up to 1.26Gig CPU
supports DDRRAM PC1600 & 2100

My questions are Do you think I could still put the new 433mhz
DDR in it? The reason I ask is because since it will be using only one side of the clock pulse (I assume) then it will be operating at an actual 216.5mhz.
This would make the front side bus easier to overclock I believe.
It would also probably be more stable as far as the memory is concerned.

My next question is that there is no manual PCI or AGP bus lockouts on the motherboard.
Instead it says on the SOYO website that the PCI and AGP are independently locked from the front side bus through the bios. So Im wondering if this is an effective wat to do this.
or are the manual lockouts on the motherboard better to go with.

It also says that the board supports Ultra ATA 100.

Anyway any help would be great.
thanx

hi,

it'll be a waste if you use DDR 433 for it,
i'm not sure what the maxium FSB 7vda
supports.go download the user manual
and find out ;)

if the max FSB supported is 133 mhz then
use DDR 266/133 mhz and you'll be fine...
it really depends on how overclockable the
CPU and MB are,you gotta give more info... ;)

and all DDR RAM runs @half the rated speed,
speed rating is kinda bogus and confusing :)

finally about the AGP/PCI,read the manual
and find out what kind of divide it offers ;)

This is an OLD thread. However, since I'm messing with overclocking Celeron Tualatins, I'd like a legit answer to the question posed in this thread. Does anybody know if this board has a PCI/AGP lock? I've read the manual, but it is not clear.

Please check out Page 58 at the following link, and tell me if anybody can make any sense of it.

http://dl.soyo.com/soyousa/manuals/686/m7vda12.PDF

Thank you very much for any help you may offer.

I am also interested in pairing a Celeron Tualatin with a good DDR board, in order to remove the RAM bottleneck, and possibly allow a nice overclock beyond 133 FSB. I know the processor can handle it, but PC 133, especially what's available today just can't.

Back