• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Online Heatercore Database Search!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

airspirit

For those of you considering a heatercore from a car as a radiator for your new watercooling projects, I've put together a database of FEDCO heatercores that allows you to search by size ranges (L/W/D), lists tube sizes, provides links to pictures/prices for each part found, and also gives you a cross-referencing tool for finding what vehicles your ideal core can be found in (for picking it up at NAPA/the junkyard).

Example: you want a core that is less than 6" tall, needs to be less than 5" wide to fit your case, and the thickness doesn't matter. Punch in 4-6" for length, 4-5" for width, and 0-5" for depth, and out pops: #2-563, 5.625"x4.75"x2" with a tube size of 5/8". I click on the part number to look at a picture, and after I chop the extraneous tubing, it looks like it'll fit perfectly! Since that'll work in what we're looking to do, we punch the part number (2-563) into the cross-referencer, and find that it comes from a 1972-80 Chevy LUV truck. Searching is just as easy as that!

Let me know what you think:

http://12.18.239.202/heatercores/default.asp

Happy hunting!

woot! I used his dbase to find my heatercore, as a matter of fact its the one for chevy luv truck. hmmm, i wonder if he planted a keystroke logger on my sys?
hehe 8P~

nice job airspirit, i hope the bandwidth doesnt eat ya up.

peace.
unloaded

awesome work Spirit im sure this will help lots of ppl find a perfect size core for there setup =) STICK IT!

WOW I LOVE THIS PLZ MAKE STICKY!!!!!!!!!
please.....

this is the most awesome of alll awesome water cooling databases... ...ok so i got a lil excited, leave me alone i dont deserve flames u were all not as happy as me so.....

i gotta admit is most usefull thing ive seen in a long time.
going to parts america and saying" umm yeh i need a 6x8x2 heatercore with 1/2 barbs" and get that stupid look and then they ask what vehicle to make it easier.then they just laugh!

If I remember correctly from when I spent all night doing it (ugh), there are around 360 of them stretching back into the 60s.

I'm not worried about bandwidth too much. It shouldn't pull much more than 100K even on the largest searches, and besides, its on my work machine. ;)

The advantage of having this dbase put together is it allows you to find the specific vehicle. Once you know what you're looking for you can pull one out of a junkyard for $15-20. Many of the old-school guys do this all the time.

Some are as expensive as $360 new ... noone would pay that, but if you could pull the thing from a 96 Prelude for $15 and it fits your system, why wouldn't you?

I'm not recommending that ANYONE buy the things from the page I'm linking to, though it is handy. It is cheaper to buy them locally at your junkyard.

Most definately !

Need to make this a sticky. Or atleast the the link.

Oh, & BTW, thanks for sharing it with us. :D

:cool:

The dimensions DO NOT account for the housings at the top and/or the tubing. That is something to point out. It is the fin area. All heatercore dimensions are advertised this way ... it's how the manufacturers do it.

The link should be solid for the time being ... I'm trying to get this up on the business server, and I'm trying to get around busting the other DBase connections and such. If I change location I'll let you guys know.

Good job! This really is the most useful thing I've seen in a while.
This definetly should be a sticky

found the most perfect heatercore for me........and Advanced auto stocks it......FEDCO 2242(copper).....$18.88

this is absolutly great.......no having to order one from dtek

Good deal, TyRex!

If you guys want to see how frickin' huge this thing is, put in 0-30 in all three spots. There are 359 different cores listed (I checked my DBase).

Back