• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amount of UV dye to put?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

I am using the UV dye from becooling, see the pic

bd14i5k8.jpg

It says only a few drop will be enough, but how much is a few drop? Will it be bad if I put too much?

I dip a straw into the bottle and get about an inch worth in the straw, holding my finger over the other end I transfer it to my loop. I do this with pump circulating and UV lights on. When you add it, you can see it kinda pulse thru the system and the glow get brighter. I do this a few times until its doesn't make it glow brighter. Its possible that I'm using too much and it effects the cooling properties, but I don't know. I havent done any testing of this.

peace.
unloaded

If you use too much, and i mean WAY too much it will be too dense and wont glow as well. Do what UnLoadeD said to do. A medicine dropper might be safer than a straw, if this drips on anything porous, it will stain it badly.

Iron Hawk said:
it will stain it badly.

Yeah, I knew that already... my fingers and nails are blue now :mad:

I will use the method adding the dye slowly. I will have to wait until nightfall again. I use syringe to add the dye. (marinate meatloaf type syringe)

Back