• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

add secondary boot drive to dell Latitude E7470

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

I have a Latitude E7470 and work has put a 256GB drive as the main drive. My goal is to boot my own windows 10 OS from secondary drive either second m.2 slot or SD slot. But having issues. Any help or hand holding would be great. The bios on this laptop are different than I am used to, so that's not helping.

options 1 ) I planned on installing a 512GB inland TV325 into the WWAN HCA port. I read and watched a few videos of people do this. As you can see by my pic it does not line up. Not sure what's wrong? I live near a microcenter so I will return this m.2 drive, but wondering what other options I have.

Option 2) I am having issues trying to boot windows install from USB stick drive to install onto SD card slot.

I can get windows 10 pro install to run from a SD card slot....so I figured I would try to install windows onto secondary m.2 slot(or at least what I thought was a second m.2 slot)

Attachments

• m.2 pic.jpg
    m.2 pic.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • m.2 pics.jpg
    m.2 pics.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
turns out I bought a m slot and needed a b style slot

Looking at buying this to dual boot with this laptop.

Back