• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much value has a multi vs FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Yes when your are at the extreme point, what would you normally choose. An additional x multi or more FSB.
What would you choose Example:
10 x 175
or
9.5 x 180

i always go for the fsb. increasing the multi only overclocks the processor. the fsb overclocks the proc, memory, pci bus, agp and so on. however those things in the list will eventually start to hold you up. i usually start by decreasing the multi to get max fsb. the try to go up a multi. that is just my 2 cents! good luck!

I value FSB over CPU, but balance it. In other words, if you can do 10x180 for 1800 but only 9.5x183 for 1739 then the 3 FSB isn't really worth it.

--Illah

Illah said:
I value FSB over CPU, but balance it. In other words, if you can do 10x180 for 1800 but only 9.5x183 for 1739 then the 3 FSB isn't really worth it.

--Illah

My thoughts exactly. I love FSB but sometimes you need to give up a small amount of FSB for a lil bit of multiplier increase.

what I would do if I had me an AMD - would be to set multiplier nice and low and low and see how high I could push my FSB - once im sure the FSB is pretty much maxed out, I would then raise the Multiplier a few notches until that becomes unstable as you might as well get hte extra few MHz from it

Back