• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill's page removed the 4/16 bios update!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aftershock

Iwill's page just removed the 4/16 bios download.....

now they say Caution: If your system works smoothly please do not update it.

what could this mean?

mine was working fine stock, but I updated....anways too bad Iwill never really states what each bios does... I get lockups randomly when I'm playing sound though my SB Live, either mp3 or games...

Still...anyone know why they removed it?%clocybe I'll just bump down to 3/7 update

Sure, Iwill tell us what some of the changes made in one of the txt. file included in the bios download.

Part Number : 6A6LMI3C
Model : KK266-R/35102A

04/16/01 ALN KKR041601.BIN Correct CPUID=0643H ratio table.
Fixed data corruption with 686B.
Update AMI RAID bios from 2.4 to 2.5.
03/23/01 ALN KKR032301.BIN Correct Thunderbord ratio table.
03/07/01 ALN KKR030701.BIN Fixed CPU frequency error.
Added more items to get more better
performance.
Fixed VCM memory sizing error.
02/27/01 ALN KKR022701.BIN Fixed system hang up during copying data
sometimes.
Added to support lower voltage for furture
processor.
Added to support the max freq to 200MHz.

Good cuz it sucked. The 0307 is a much better bios. I lost some OC when I flashed with the 0416 but now that I am using 0307 I'm back at 1440 and I have better memory timings.

Aftershock (Apr 30, 2001 01:25 p.m.):
Iwill's page just removed the 4/16 bios download.....

now they say Caution: If your system works smoothly please do not update it.

what could this mean?

mine was working fine stock, but I updated....anways too bad Iwill never really states what each bios does... I get lockups randomly when I'm playing sound though my SB Live, either mp3 or games...

Still...anyone know why they removed it?%clocybe I'll just bump down to 3/7 update

Yeah the kk266 really has problems with the SB LIVE! I would just use the the on board audio. 426 bios is out still don't know if I am willing to try it.

My machine is locking up with games (esp. everquest) and I can't figure out why. I removed my soundblaster live and other non-essential equipment but it still locking up. If I can't find the reason soon I am going to buy another motherboard. I have tried winME and Win2000 both have lockups for me so I don't think this problem is OS related. Any ideas? Right now I am testing to see if the failsafe defaults will make my machine more stable I was using the performance defaults.

Bios March 2001
IWILL KA-266R
OnBoard Sound
256 2100 RAM
Hercules GEFORCE MX
AMD 1.33 MHZ

Mine locked up too, I used the 4/16

anways at www.amdmb.com there's a bios update for 4/26 which works for me now no more crashes, just my IRQ problems

My Bios is version1.3, KA-266-R Iwill 1.2G AXIA @ 1440 10.5x137. I get random reboots not lock ups with my motherboard im like playing my Online game rogue spear and all over a sudden it freezes for a sec and reboots it self im like wtf ?

Back