• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BIOS UPDATE Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hello everyone!

So today I decided to update my MOBO Bios because it was with 1.0 version of the manufacturer, and i could not OC higher my RAM memory because settings were missing to it.

I did update and everything went smoothly BUT, one very annoying thing happened:

I can hear annoying voice after updating my BIOS version tot he newest on.
I tried to locate where it is, and I am wondering that it cames from memory KIT,

The thing what I have tried to bring up the OLD settings of bios were:
1- I tried to reset Default settings [did not work, version of bios stayed the newest]
2 - removed CMOS battery [same]
3- I did CMOS clearing by using a jumper for 10 seconds [BIOS version still is the newest]

4- I did installed the OLD version of BIOS [the 1.0 one] but still I can hear this annoying sound with high-level tone [even my DOG is watching on PC case right now, and he's wondering what is going on]

Could any of you help me?
What should I do? Any ideas?

I am wondering that i Overwrote the BIOS versions, but I DID NOT bring it to the factory default version, any ideas?

The best thing is that this sound is randomly generated, most of the times when I want to do more things, not just writing like now, for example with the MEMORY test it was very annoying.

|I already noticed that I am not alone with it:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=48442.0

Last edited:
1. you can google anything and get hits. I dont know what a thread from 2004 with an unrelated mobo means.

2. what motherboard is this actually happening on? The msi, right?

3. the noise is likely coil whine. Is it high pitched? Memory cant make noise.

4. You flashed to a new bios. None of your setting will be there. It isnt the same bios and they do not save settings nor profiles. If you want to save your settings, create a profile and save it to a usb stick and load it after. ;)

5. Find out what choke is doing it and put some nail polish on to stop the issue.

2. Msi z270 - correct
3. Yes, it could remain sound like that and indeed it is high pitched. This sound is close to the Dogs Ultrasound whistle, a very high tone.
4. The settings i have saved to the OC profile, so it was easy to load them.

5. I was thinking about some of the coolers, but i did try already and stopped each of them with my had and still i could hear this sound. I have only SSD's there, they don't have moving physical parts :(

Resetting CMOS has no impact on rolling back the bios version.

The noise you describe is most certainly coil whine and the fact that it started when you updated the bios may just be coincidence.

Coil whine can come either from the motherboard, the video card or the PSU.

Just to let you know guys,
There is a hidden tool by MSI, in the nonofficial way, but it as tested and used by Official MSI programmers.
Sadly this is in my mother language, but still, it may help any of you causing this problem.

I am sending link to the article and to the guidance on youtube:
https://forum-pl.msi.com/index.php?topic=10381.0

MY problem is fixed.
I went back to 1.0 version and disconnected Battery for the night.

Solved!

Glad you got it solved. Please use "Thread Tools" to add [Solved] to the thread title.

I don't have such option :(

My bad. I gave you a bum steer.

You can do it this way: Click on "Go Advanced" in the lower right corner of your first post. Then use the prefix tool.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    165 KB · Views: 27
Back