• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc2100 Vs Pc133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stormer

hey i got a stick of pc133 in my ECS K75SA mobo wondering if i should make this into a pc2100 stick since ddr ram is dropping in price majorly. Is it worth it? even if the upgrade is cheap i rathar not spend on useless upgrades for the sake of saying its better :)

thanks

hi yah my mobo supports pc2100 as for pc2700 ECS K75SA doesnt support.. at least i dont think..takes both sdram and ddr.. a gig each i believe.. if i bought pc2700 would it run at pc2100 settings?

Yes it would. While you upgrade you might as well upgrade the Motherboard too and yes that would be worth it. USB 2.0 and what not is nice to have.

it maybe nice but upgrading the mobo is not an option, as well usb 2.0 is useless for me.. for my needs anyway

Buy Crucial PC2100 DDR. It's great for the ECS board. You don't need to pay extra for PC2700. My Crucial 2100 can run as high as 180fsb, much higher than average pc2700 runs. The ECS board you have will only run up to 150fsb, maybe less. It's a good board for general use, no fun to play oc on it.
PC2100 is definitely much much faster than PC133 and it runs more stable.

how do overclock with the ECS board? it doesnt have any option in bios other than 100 and 133 for fsb right?

sometime the board doesnt say support that speed of RAM but it does it take anyway I have seen many board like that. So you have to look at ppl rig with that board.
As for the pc2100 crucial hit 180fsb ..that is your luck..I got 3 sticks of crucial 3 x 256 of pc2100 none can go over 160 and I bought them not at the same time. Therefore I dont think all crucial is good for o/c.

You have to flash the bios in order to play with fsb on ECS board.
That's the only thing you can play with the bios on this board. No agp-pci lock , no cpu-mem ratio , no vcore. If you are interested I will give you a link to look up newest bios.

yah sure thanks man please post link..

also what can I expect with an xp1800 with this ECS board? i think i have the B stepping thanks :) and retail fan only :(

Back