• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7II cooling help.... suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gakkuken

thanks for checking out the thread, i have one major problem at the moment.

got a bd7II mobo running w/ celeron 2ghz, is the temp reading correct within the bios?
b/c i have a 50C at idel? when the voltage is at 1.525v
cooled by thermalright ax-478 w/ a 50cfm 80mm fan on top.

i believe the cpu is seated correctly, help...
please tell me the temp sensor is bad or off by 10-15c

any suggestion and help is very needed, thx!

I have read someother posts where people say it is off by 8c-12c your temps do sound high. i would suggest reseating the HSF. what thermal paste are you using?

Check my sig for temps. My temps are 2c cooler now at full load but i have not changed it the sig. Temp drop is after a 3week burn in at 10%+ votlage and then stepped it down to a 5% increase at the same CPU speed.

Some BD7II's read temps too high... But you should really reseat your HSF just for safety. Btw, 50C idle for a 0,18 CPU at 2GHz isn't far too high in my opinion.

Csybe, thx for the replay
the 2ghz celeron is .13 version, that's why i think it's really weird

Temperatures on BD7II/-R seem to be a little high.
I had ~ 65°C (!) at my [email protected] (1,6V), so you're temperatures are nevertheless still a little high, but if I were you, I'd stop worrying.
Check the airflow throgh your case etc - but I'd really not worry too much there.

:D

thx BadFred;

i felt much better after you post of your pc's temp on bd7II. thx for everyone's help!

Back