• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S8X-X for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishD

Hi all,
Have just purchased P4S8X-X, 512mb of kingston 2700 ddr, a 2.4 P4 @400, also a Coolmaster IHC-L7I heat sink and fan. Also have a radeon 7200, 64ddr @165mHz.

What are my over clocking options with this setup.

And is there a resource to guide me through the options?

Have O/Clocked PIII's and celerons with SDram in the past, but can see there's a bit more to it for DDR ram.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad English:D .It doesnt look good:( .I had the sam before i got the P4G8X, the S8X, never went over 157 FSB with my 2.4 SL6EF.I have a friend here in sweden he have the same "mobo" like u, hes running with "water"(coolance biggest case).His record is 3024 something.So i hope i dindint upset u to much?.Hopefoly u vill get higher.Good luck

Thanks,

Have got the 2.40/400 working at 2760/460 FSB and memory @ 182, with 1.6volts

Just testing stability now.

I have ASUS P4S8X-X with P4 1.8A @ 2610 MHz @ 1.550V. It's nice board, and going to test 2700 MHz tonight.

I think the board is okay.

i just got one and i got it maxed out @ 166 FSB with a 2.4 533mhz chip - stock everything - so i think your friend or if u have problems could just be your chip or ram.

stinks it maxes out @ 166fsb - i really hate assus for that

BUT it will not boot with my 400mhz P4 2.4 chip - EVEN though asus says it supports 400mhz chips!!!

Back