• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 8INXP Promise Raid Drivers!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nycundaground

Hey guys, im reformatting my raid drives and now i need those promise raid drivers.

My verison of it is "MB FastTrak133 Lite." Ive checked the promise.com site and they dont have any of those drivers. The gigabyte site has it but its not able to put it on floppy when i install WINXP and it asks for the raid drivers. So is there a place where i can dl it. thanks.

I believe it will fit on a floppy if you only try to copy the XP raid drivers and not the whole folder that contains the XP drivers. I may be wrong, but I think you only need FASTTRAK.CAT, FASTTRAK.INF, and fasttrak.sys on your floppy. This is from the CD that came with my INXP. It is from \Other\Promise\IDERAID\chip20276\setup.txt

Windows xp
Installing Driver During New Windows xp Installation
Note: Before the Windows xp installing, please copy the whole files in the folder as follows "\Other\Promise\IDERAID\chip20276\Winxp\" of the Driver CD(Support CD came with the M/B) to a floppy disk.

1. CD-ROM Install: Boot from the CD-ROM. Press <F6> after the message "Press F6 if you need to install third party SCSI or RAID driver" appears.
2. When the "Windows XP Setup" window is generated, press "S" to Specify an Additional Device(s)
3. Insert the Driver diskette into driver A: and press "Enter" key.
4. Choose "WinXP FastTrak100-Lite Controller" from the list that appears on screen, then press the "Enter" key.
5. The Windows XP Setup screen will appear again saying "Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices:" The list will include "WinXP FastTrak100-Lite controller"..
NOTE: If you need to specify any additional devices to be installed, do so at this time. Once all devices are specified, continue to step 6.
6. From the Windows XP Setup screen, press the Enter key. Setup will now load all device files and then continue the Windows XP installation.

Good luck
Skeetman

nycundaground said:
Hey guys, im reformatting my raid drives and now i need those promise raid drivers.

My verison of it is "MB FastTrak133 Lite." Ive checked the promise.com site and they dont have any of those drivers. The gigabyte site has it but its not able to put it on floppy when i install WINXP and it asks for the raid drivers. So is there a place where i can dl it. thanks.

I was wondering if I needed the raid drivers in order to use IDE3 and IDE4, even if I was not going to do RAID? Thanks

typer said:

I was wondering if I needed the raid drivers in order to use IDE3 and IDE4, even if I was not going to do RAID? Thanks

I installed the drivers on my setup, and use the Promise RAID headers in ATA mode, so it doesn't hurt to install them. I'd do it for safety's sake.

Just for the record, your RAID chip is the Promise 20276.

Back