• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are Canterwood vs. I850 benchmarks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_maximilian_

Has anyone been able to find a review where both Canterwood and the i850 (ASUS P4T533(C)) good head to head.

Is it simple because the reviewers (Toms [Hard] Overclockbench Anantech etc) DONT have an i850. Or is it because they don’t want to see Canterwood get beaten by an year old chipset.

Probably because you can't run a 200MHz FSB chip on an 850E board.

The Canterwood will certainly win at 200MHz. I'm afraid the RDRAM folks will have to await quad-channel towards the end of the year.

by Canterwood I ment the i875.

for example I'd like to see a ASUS P4T533 + P4 3.06 setup vs a i875 mainboard + P4 3.0 .

If you could get the 850e up to 200 fsb speeds and run the rdram at a4x multiplier their marks would be similar. but.... no 850e mb i know of can run those speeds..Its a shame too, cause the rdram and chipset platform has matured, has become affordable, and is at the point where it could easily be engineered to the new 800 fsb cpu's. rdram by its very design lends itself easily to very high speeds.

Pretty much what I expected. There isn’t really a clear winner. Both the i875 and i850 are on the same level.

I reckon that the P4T533 could show some amazing overclocking abilities if one would use a 800FSB P4. Let’s say a 2.4 on the P4T533. Set the Rimm muli @ 3 times then overclock the CPU to 200MHZ or more. Now I know my Samsung Rimm can do 165FSB times 4 so 200FSB x 3 wouldn’t be a problem.

Multiplier

It's all in the multiplier. My 2.53 has a 19x multiplier; if it had a 12x multiplier (or it was unlocked), then I could run most any FSB I wanted.

Back